20.12.2017: Project Control Manager
Responsible of all Project Control activities including cost control, scheduling, reporting & document control activities for Midia Gas Development from Final Investment Decision up to 1st Gas (24 months duration).
- Being the owner of the Exhibit related to Project Control in the EPC CONTRACT
- Interface with EPC CONTRACTOR when required
- Review of the EPC contractor planning and scheduling including EPC contractor staff plans and manpower histograms and project progress measurement, etc.
- Ensures guidelines, processes, procedures, and systems are implemented by EPC CONTRACTOR as per CONTRACT requirements.
- Establish, implement and operate the project control system according to the contract requirements.
- Define and develop working procedures, with reference to the Project Execution Plan (PEP), to cover the coordination and control of project control duties.
- Supervise the scheduling and Cost Control activities and any reporting documents
- To play a leading role in the management of the Project
- Close relationship with Contract & Procurement Manager + each Package Manager (Wellhead Platform, Offshore Pipeline, Onshore Pipeline & Gas Treatment Plant) to ensure compliance with the EPC CONTRACT requirements
- Review EPC CONTRACTOR schedule and ensure consistency of the schedule
- Consolidate the overall progress through identification/follow-up of the critical path and analysis of main deviations incurred during the execution of the project;
- Review identified deviations and propose accurate measures or adapted corrections.
- Ensure that all onshore and offshore activities are correctly planned and performed throughout the whole duration of the project in accordance with the initial contractual plan.
- Consolidate, control and coordinate all planning and progress measurement activities related to the plant scope of supply.
- Maintain the plant schedule and be accountable for identifying any areas of concern (critical path, clashes, early start, interfaces, etc.).
- Ensure availability of updated and accurate plant scheduling, planning and progress reporting input.
- Ensure that the management team, construction manager and the EPC package manager are aware of any potential threats to completion on schedule, and to propose remedial action
- Perform comprehensive monthly analyses on variances between actual and plan/forecast/target results with emphasis on the civil construction business
- Identify the correct data to input in Primavera software, to determine resources and duration of activities
Cost Control activities
- Ensure an effective management of the costs
- Supervise constantly, in close coordination with the Chief Financial Officer, cost control activities, follow-up of budgetary stages and internal/external Project Annual Costs (initial, revised, closure);
- Implement and optimise constructive implication from concerned packages, alerting relevant managers if necessary.
Documentation & Reporting activities
- Ensure the correct and timely issue of any kind of weekly and monthly reports;
- Participate actively to the implementation of the EDMS;
- Prepare and issue internal monthly project reports, quarterly reports for the MGD project ensuring appropriate content and quality of information.
- Review, gather comments from project team regarding EPC CONTRACTOR weekly report, monthly report
- 15+ year Experience in Oil & Gas Industry
- Graduate engineer, familiar with large construction contract management
- Previous experience as Project Control Manager for an EPC Contract of at least 100MUSD in Oil & Gas business
- Past experience with international projects
- Perfect understanding of the contractual relationships between COMPANY and EPC CONTRACTOR, and the other parties involved
- Must be fully aware of contract types, project planning, project execution work processes, EPCC, cost estimating systems and software and manufacture processes for critical and major project equipment
- Must be familiar with Monte Carlo simulations for risk analysis, ISO 9000 requirements, project financial analysis, etc
- Primavera P6 experience
- Experience of Progress Measurement processes
Fluency in English (speaking and writing), and negotiation and team management skills. Romanian speaking will be a plus.
Place of work
Please send your CV in English by January 19th, 2018 at firstname.lastname@example.org together with a cover letter.
18.12.2017: QA&QC Manager
We are looking for an experienced QA&QC Manager who will be responsible for the creation of QA &QC department with a vision to develop/execute an Offshore Shallow Water Greenfield Project (MGD Project) and then being Offshore Gas Producer but also offer the support in developing Company Management System.
- Development and implementation of a Quality Management System within BSOG;
- Performance of the Quality Assurance;
- Control of specific tasks in line with Oil& Gas industry processes, within corporate, projects, drilling, operation and maintenance activities;
- Coordinates and set quality standards and procedures to ensure equipment / services reliability and integrity with the target to deliver fit for purpose quality;
- Auditing the internal processes and BSOG Contractors to assure the compliance with the procedures;
- Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and Quality Control;
- Responsible for planning and implementation of a quality or/and quantity monitoring system for corporate, projects, drilling, operation and maintenance;
- Accounts for implementing QA/QC system for BSOG (corporate, development and exploration projects, operation, maintenance);
- Setting of quality standards & procedures and ensures equipment/services reliability and integrity;
- Responsible for contractor performance assessment.
- Planning and forecasting duties:
- Participate in planning & scheduling of QM requirements in corporate, development and exploration projects drilling operation and maintenance;
- Participate in planning & scheduling of all specific audits;
- Issue the Project Quality Plan which should be included in the tender documentation in order to assure fit for purpose quality;
- Developing and implementation of quality system proposal of corrective / preventive action and /or review of procedures;
- Develops/ maintains QA/QC management system for all projects in BSOG;
- Verify the performance and effectiveness of audit and inspection activities (e.g. civil works, welding NDT, and painting as applicable);
- Coordinates, participates and evaluate the project reviews and audits in compliance with BSOG QMS standards and procedures;
- Verifies contractor’s performance, the implementation and efficiency of Quality Management System;
- Responsible for planning and assurance of personnel’s attendance to the defined processes during projects execution and final reception after the warranty period of his department experts.
- Industry knowledge:
- Knowledge of QMS procedures, specification and its application in oil and gas industry;
- Knowledge on engineering, manufacturing, construction and commissioning for oil and gas equipment and market suppliers in the industry;
- Knowledge on best practices on quality management in oil and gas industry;
- Knowledge and experience of production metering applications and internal control standards;
- Knowledge and experience of HSE principles, standards methodologies and practices (e.g. HSE related risk assessment in project management).
- Leads the QA/QC BSOG, Quality Audits, QC Project, QC Rigs, QC Maintenance;
- Responsible for documentation of construction and assembling works carried out by contractors (construction diary, pipe book, radiographic testing, material certificates, ISO test certificates, surveying of pipe route and crossings, final approval);
- Responsible for and overseeing the completion safe to work;
- Responsible for implementation of quality and verification plan works;
- Ensure the necessary documents finalising the works;
- Developing and amending QC procedure and specification for BSOG operation and construction sites;
- Review the quality procedures in the contractor tender documents.
- Provides assistance and support to Department Managers, Package Managers on Quality Domain matters;
- Quality Control in Engineering and construction and projects execution;
- Liaises with Project Managers and functional departments;
- Coordinate his/her efforts with BSOG Management in order to monitor possible deviations;
- Coordinates the department efforts for increased performance level in execution of projects, drilling, operation and maintenance.
- Reports on ongoing activities, project status, results to the BSOG Management;
- Summarizes all relevant information in internal documents to keep management posted.
- University degree in mechanical, electrical or petroleum engineering;
- Minimum 20 years of experience in oil and gas industry;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in in quality management preferably in oil and gas industry;
- Would be beneficial to have granted some Qualifications in the past such Diriginte de Santier / ANRE Qualification / Qualification as / Welding Inspector / Painting Inspector / Internal Auditor / NDT;
- Strong team player with strong personality;
- External Auditor qualification (to ISO 9000 family standards) with extensive knowledge of process auditing in oil and gas industry;
- Good knowledge in inspection techniques, HAZOP, FFS (Fitness-for-service), RBI (Risk Based Inspection) standards and methodology;
- Clean B Category Driving licence;
- MS office (word, excel, ppt, etc) & Outlook;
- Travel and delegation availability;
- Excellent skills with English language (written and spoken);
- Computer literacy.
Place of work
Please send your CV in English by January 19th, 2018 at email@example.com together with a cover letter.
14.11.2017: Engineering Manager
We are looking for an experienced Engineer Manager with an excellent technical understanding of all disciplines to provide support to our project Midia Gas Development (MGD).
For all disciplines (other than process):
- Ensure that all staff capabilities are matched to the job requirements for the Detailed Engineering phase
- Understand EPC contract obligations and ensure that all engineering staff are aware of their obligations
- Follow the progress of the engineering work performed by the EPC CONTRACTOR and subcontractors if any, and ensure the timely issue by the EPC contractor of the detailed engineering documents, drawings lists and document index according to the EPC CONTRACTOR’s document requirement schedule and Master Document Register.
- Ensure effective and timely comments on the engineering documents issued by EPC CONTRACTOR by the discipline/project engineers and third parties.
- Monitor the preparation of the quality assurance / quality control procedures.
- Check that the EPC contractor obtains from the Third-Party Approvals the necessary design appraisal reports, and issues of all dossiers to allow project to obtain approval from concerned authorities.
- Ensure that the EPC CONTRACTOR prepares and issues the engineering manual, the engineering dossiers, and the final documentation in accordance with contract requirements.
- Ensure all contractor procurement activities (preparation of the technical bid package, evaluation of the proposals) are performed in line with project and industry requirements.
- Monitor the development by the EPC CONTRACTOR of performance tests for major equipment and packages, at vendor’s/supplier’s factory, and to participate in some of these tests as appropriate.
- To participate in technical and safety reviews as appropriate:
- at the detailed engineering stage
- related to the procurement/supply activities
- at pre-construction mobilization
- at the construction stage
- at the commissioning stage.
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with the EPC CONTRACTOR, and in variation order meetings; and to participate as required in specific ad hoc meetings.
- Collect data and commentary prepared by the specialists and project engineers for internal weekly and monthly reports and to prepare the corresponding synthesis. Liaise on a regular basis with Package Managers for key decisions.
- Experienced Engineer with an excellent technical understanding of all disciplines, with at least 15 years’ experience of engineering supervision on offshore & onshore oil & gas project.
- Bachelor Degree prefer Mechanical or Structural
- Strong multi-disciplinary technical capability across Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Piping, …
- Must be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of European, American and International standards applicable to the oil & gas and petrochemical industries
- Familiar with Romanian permitting legislation for Oil & Gas and construction will be a plus
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing). Romanian speaking will be a plus.
- Good communication and management skills.
Please send your CV in English together with a cover letter by December 31st, 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BSOG is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.