Drilling Contracts Engineer
Join our team! Follow your own career path.
We are looking for an experienced Drilling Contracts Engineer with an excellent commercial understanding to provide support to our project Midia Gas Development (MGD).
Reporting to the Contract and Procurement Manager and working to provide support for the Development Drilling Manager, the Drilling Contract Engineer will be responsible for overseeing contract tendering, negotiation and administration. The Drilling Contract Engineer will be familiar with organising tenders and negotiating, awarding and administrating oil and gas contracts including MSA contracts for offshore drilling, supply and procurement contracts for offshore development operations. Working closely with the Company’s legal representative and the functional teams the Drilling Contract Engineer will require a grounding in legal contracts, technical work scopes and commercial negotiations in the oil and gas business. The Drilling Contract Engineer shall support the tendering process for services contracts and purchase orders, engage in negotiation, preparation and execution of the tenders, services contracts and purchase orders and maintain such documentation and any amendments thereof in support of the Midia Gas Development projects Drilling and Completions Team. The Development project includes the drilling and completion of five development wells, and the Drilling Contract Specialist will be expected to manage all contracts for services and all purchase orders for capital equipment to support the Drilling and Completions operations requirements.
• Organisation and management of the Call for Tender stages of contract development for drilling and completions related services.
• Liaise with other disciplines and corporate support functions (legal, finance etc.) to ensure best quality and compliance with BSOG requirements.
• To prepare and issue suitable contractual documentation to enable bid lists to be formulated with technical personnel for tendering purposes in accordance with BSOG procedures.
• To compile, coordinate and organise invitation to tender documentation with the necessary technical input from the appropriate personnel.
• Participation in the evaluation of commercial and contractual components of tenders
• To compile bid analysis documentation to objectively evaluate, recommend and award contracts; to negotiate with the personnel of the nominated contractors; to assist the drilling and completions team as required in negotiations regarding any disputed items.
• Effective and smooth contract administration up to and including close out which shall involve drafting of contracts, review of change requests, making recommendations and preparation of change orders.
• Maintenance of accurate and up to date records for the commercial status of contracts.
• Verification of the validity of contractually required documents such as bonds, certificates, insurance documents, technical certification etc.
• Provide continuous contractual support to drilling and completions team in operations.
• Ensures that the contract terms comply with BSOG company policy and procedures, as well as local and regional guidelines.
• Assist in the resolution of contractual/financial disputes.
• Maintenance and adherence to contractual related processes contained within in company business and document management systems.
• Jointly with others, works on special issues related to contracts, including insurance, guaranties issues, risks and financial responsibility.
• Undertake clarifications discussions and resolution of any inconsistencies in contractual documentation.
• Preparation and issuance of Purchase Orders as required and in due time to meet operational requirements.
• Ensure that technical standards and specifications for equipment and services are clearly documents in any contracts or purchase order documentation.
Education and Qualification:
• Previous experience in working with contracts and procurement – 8 years minimum preferred.
• Secondary level High School and Technical College Diploma.
• Sound and demonstrated negotiation and contract management skills.
• Sound and demonstrated experience of contracts preparation and administration.
• Technical knowledge of offshore drilling and completions equipment and third-party services.
• Fluent in the English language.
• Computer literate and proficient user of Microsoft office package – specifically word and excel.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with good communications skills are essential
Terms and conditions:
• Location: Bucharest.
• Start-up date: March 15th
• Duration: Determined up to Feb 1st, 2021
• Freelancer/Contractor position