Join our team! Follow your own career path.
We are looking for an experienced Drilling Superintendent with an excellent project management and technical understanding to provide support to our project Midia Gas Development (MGD).
The Drilling Superintendent will assist the Drilling Manager to deliver first class project, making sure that the operations will be carried out with no environmental incident, no LTI in operations, considering High Drilling performance (Well delivered in time and budget).
• Make sure that operations are managed safely as per international standards, and best practices, in respect of the local environment.
• Participate in the remaining tenders – preparation, evaluation & award.
• To work as Drilling Superintendent based in Constanta, to support the MGD Project development drilling campaign, of five jack-up offshore wells and potentially one exploration well.
• Work on the well preparation, equipment mobilization and inspection, site preparation, sub-contractor equipment and personnel mobilization and be the contact point for all contractors, equipment, and personnel, mobilization, and demobilization.
• Supervise drilling operation on a daily basis and the onsite (Drilling, Completion & Well Testing) supervisors.
• Deliver consistent and effective HSE communications and behaviours.
• Make sure that the Well Site Supervisors follow the approved Work Program, and then any deviation to that Program, or to the Policy, is approved before implementation.
• Prepare the end of well report and other technical documents in conjunction with the Drilling Engineer.
• Identify and implement any performance improvement measures to improve operational efficiency
• Make sure that HSE is taken into account as a priority in all our operations with the support of the HSE department.
• Follow the HSE aspects of the drilling operation, propose improvement and modifications, will do regular safety visits and inspections, or audits (compliance to BSOG Policy and Procedures).
• Review and agree the bridging document for the rig, the oil spill contingency plan & the waste management plan with the help of the HSE Manager.
• Organize and participate in Risk Assessment meetings, DWOP, CWOP, Pre-spud meeting, and post drilling meetings.
• Whenever necessary, prepare step by step, detailed drilling instructions for the Drilling Supervisors offshore, using the procedure in the Drilling Programme, as a starting point.
• Work in coordination with the services contractors
Experience & Qualifications
• 15 to 20 years of Petroleum industry experience (With a minimum of 10 years in Drilling, 5 years minimum as Drilling Superintendent).
• A minimum of 5 years of offshore experience as Drilling Supervisor.
• Experience of offshore drilling, with jack-ups
• Knowledge of Gravel Packs would be useful.
• Subsea experience would be useful
• Good knowledge of industry best practices associated with Drilling, Completion & Well Testing operations.
• Offshore Medical & BOSIET mandatory
• Competent with well control techniques. IWCF Level 4 Supervisor certificate mandatory).
• Experience in managing HSE risks inherent in well operations. Record of delivering consistent and effective HSE results and behaviors.
• Familiar with API & other recognized industry standards & recommended practices.
• Understanding of Geological and Petroleum Engineering priorities and well associated requirements.
• Well budgets and cost allocation and monitoring.
• Good MSOffice software skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
Terms and conditions
• Freelancer/ contractor position.
• Duration: 10 months
• Location: Agigea/Vadu/Constanta – Romania