Join our team! Follow your own career path.
We are looking for an experienced Instrumentation/Automation Supervisor with an excellent project management and technical understanding to provide support initially to our Project Midia Gas Development (MGD) and continue during Operational phase.
- Provide support and Installation specific advice to the Construction & Commissioning, Reservoir Engineering and Drilling/Well Ops departments during the project execution and start-up phase
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory, statutory and company requirements
- Assist the Commissioning Team during critical activities including plant start-up, shutdown and emergencies
- Prepare functional procedures and documentation for technical detail on mechanical area
- Liaise with vendor during site visits to ensure safe start-up of offshore and onshore facilities.
- Assist in coordinating response to emergencies if required.
- Work with specialist personnel/vendors to provide a planned, documented and managed engineering approach to the start-up, commissioning and handover of facilities, systems, and equipment to the BSOG Operations, resulting in a safe and functional environment that meets established design requirements and expectations.
- Review work procedures, mobilization to offshore, completion of the work, achievement of mechanical completion, commissioning and ready for start-up in accordance with the approved design, procedures, in a safe manner, within schedule and in accordance with the applicable technical specifications.
- Participate in the Electrical testing & pre-commissioning work at onshore sites in the form of walk downs and functional verification agreeing punch list items and categorization.
- Ability to understand/project procedures and drawings in particular extensive understanding of P&ID’s/SLD’s/D&ID’s/C&E’s.
- Contribute to the Isolation philosophy development for plant livening up notification and control of isolations.
- Ensure the Red Line Mark-up are done on relevant drawings and documents handed over from Construction and that drawings are marked up and signed for commissioning
- Carryout sizing calculations for Control Valves, Flow Meters, Pneumatic & Hydraulic Power Systems
- Preparation of Fire & Gas Detectors & Alarm Device Datasheets
- Assist in managing the interfaces between onshore and offshore activities
- Interface, coordinate with and oversee the work by Contractor and equipment vendor’s personnel to ensure the hook-up, testing & commissioning work packs, test packs, procedures and completion certificates are reviewed and endorsed by the relevant parties.
- Contribute on production shutdown planning, preparation of integrated shutdown plan, work activities interfaces during shutdown, etc.
- Monitor the provision of vendors’ construction, completion, commissioning and start-up documents. Review the same documents as required.
- Witness where necessary critical activities such as construction, testing, completion and commissioning of the works
- Review adequacy and accuracy of punch lists. Monitor final completion of the work.
- Promote Near Miss and Unsafe Acts Identification Program (STOP).
- Provide support to complete updates of all As Built Drawings and P&IDs to ensure that final revisions for the asset are up to date ready for start-up.
- Contributes to work acceptance and warranty procedure for services performed.
- Analyze and establish necessary materials, spare parts, tools and necessary devices for an efficient commissioning, start-up sequence and smooth operations.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory, statutory and company requirements.
- Maintain a safe and effective working environment.
Experience & Qualifications
- National Qualification in Oil &Gas and/or relevant experience in the field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in operations, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up of oil & gas processing and production facilities (Onshore/Offshore), preferably with International reputable Oil & Gas Operating Company
- Experience with Diesel and gas fired power generation, synchronization to switch boards and load control
- Familiar with MCC installation, Relay Protection setting and injection, phase checking, rotations checks for electrical motors, earthing, UPS, emergency and non-emergency distribution for lighting and power
- Competence in P&ID, FEED, DCS/ESD, loop diagrams, hook diagrams, instrument layout plans, JB termination details
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and a high level of numeracy.
- Fully familiar with relevant international codes, standards and recommended practices such as ISA, NEC, NFPA, BS API, IEC
- Experience with reviewing and writing switching procedures and black start procedures.
- Excellent knowledge both nationally and internationally of onshore & offshore projects.
- Experience with ICSS systems (Honeywell preferably), Telecoms systems, gas generator driven compression systems and MEG/TEG Regeneration plant.
- Experience of testing & commissioning subsea pipelines and umbilical’s.
- Competent in Emergency Response Procedures and Instructions.
- Competent at carrying out complex risk assessment and analysis.
- Previous experience in the Safe Isolation and Re-Instatement of Plant process.
- Experience in control of work regarding Greenfield construction and commissioning sites.
- Experience of liaising with IVB for commissioning verification of safety critical elements.
- Excellent supervisory, inter-personal relations and communication skills.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal.
- Good IT Skills.
Qualifications/Training – Essential
- National qualification in an Instrumentation/Automation Engineering discipline, or equivalent suitable experience demonstrated.
- International experience of similar projects and roles.
Qualifications/Training – Desirable
- Valid BOSIET certificate
- Valid Medical certificate for offshore travel
- Experience of boat transfers between offshore vessels and installations
- ATEX certification
Terms and conditions
- Permanent role
- Location: Agigea/Vadu/Constanta – Romania
If interested and qualified, please upload your CV in the form below by July 24th, 2021.