Offshore Installation Field Engineer
Join our team! Follow your own career path.
We are looking for an experienced Offshore Installation Field Engineer with an excellent project management and technical understanding to provide support to our project Midia Gas Development (MGD).
• To verify EPCIC Contractor installation Planning and Methods in the preparation of the Project Installation works are in accordance with Contract Scope of Work and Specifications.
• To add value to the preparation and execution of the Installation of Pipeline and Structures.
• To follow offshore operation on Contractor Pipelay/HLV / (others) as Field Engineer.
• To interface with Contractor/Subcontractor representatives on board Contractor vessels.
• To follow and report to Company Management, the Contractor Vessel Readiness preparation and Mobilisation, witness all vessel(s) sea-trials.
• To provide onshore Installation function assistance during Fabrication works in onshore yard.
• To assist with input to daily reports (offshore) and subsequent review/monitor Offshore works progress.
• To report any events having an impact on the offshore works and participate in finding the way to manage these changes.
• To participate in the Review of Contractor Installation Manuals, Procedures and Specifications.
• Review Contractors daily work planning monitor all preparations and witness /record the offshore execution for all phases of the works.
• To liaise daily with the other Company Representatives offshore, and the EPCIC Installation Contractor field engineers.
• Attend CSR and Contractor Daily work briefings.
• Attend HSE and Deck safety meetings. Report any HSE issues during preparation of the works.
• To monitor and check Contractors as-built measurements.
• To review onshore fabrication (installation) works and fitting of Installation temporary items in yard. (Rigging, Flooding and Grouting systems etc).
• To approve Onshore Structure As built and tolerances are within Specification and fit for offshore Installation.
• As Field Engineer witness and provide Report to CSR on the Contractor Offshore Installation works (daily), and to advise of suitability of any Contractor proposed changes to approved Procedures.
• A good knowledge of Survey and Positioning methods is required.
Education and Qualification:
• Good experience working on Offshore vessel(s) as Field engineer for Operator/Contractor for Installation of Pipeline, Umbilical and Structures (minimum 10 years).
• Experience of Horizontal Directional Drilling work on previous project(s) will be an advantage.
• BOSIET Training and Offshore Medical Certificate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Proven working experience as a Project Engineer;
• Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems;
• Project management and supervision skills;
• Fluency in English (speaking and writing), good communication skills, and ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Proficient with computer (Excel, Word, Power Point);
h3>Terms and conditions:
• Freelancer/ contractor position.
• Duration: Determined up to Feb 1st, 2021
• Location: Agigea/Constanta – Romania