Wellhead Platform Fabrication Supervisor
Join our team! Follow your own career path.
We are looking for an experienced Wellhead Platform Fabrication Supervisor with an excellent understanding of fabrication yard activities during all construction phases to provide support to our project Midia Gas Development (MGD).
Responsible for supervises fabrication yard activities (fit up, welding and lifting) related to Wellhead Platform structural works, during all phases (pre-assembly, assembly, construction, loadout etc.), installation operations including piping, E&I, equipment etc., co-ordinates sub-contractors involved in fabrication, pre-assembly and assembly stages.
• To ensure and support to deliver of work scope as defined within the construction work packs against agreed milestones and construction delivery targets.
• To liaise closely with other Supervisors and Co-ordinators with regard to ongoing and planned work activities.
• Ensures compliance with safety procedures and quality standards.
• To liaise closely with Inspectors (Welding, NDT, Painting, QA/QC) to assure the quality for the overall work scope.
• To assess the acceptability of any deviation/relaxation requested on site by contractors and provide any clarification necessary and if required escalate the matter to Wellhead Platform Construction Manager for resolution.
• To assess, in liaison with his team and supporting functions, the actual progress of the work, anticipating problems and recommending corrective measures and solutions to be validated with the Wellhead Platform Package Manager and to be implemented by the EPCIC contractor in accordance with the contract
• To supervise construction and installation follow-up
• Understanding of all work permit, in relation to safety and fabrication activities
• To work from drawings in relation to fabrication/build and build sequence.
• To participate in Toolbox talks
• To contribute to smooth pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up before handover to the Operations team.
• To contribute to improving the project lessons learnt and personnel skills in offshore projects.
• Ensuring that all Dimension Control is recorded during build metrics are met.
• Analysis of working practices with a view to implementing improvement.
• Responsible for the effective supervision of the fabrication team.
Education and Qualification:
• Graduate engineer with 6-10 years’ experience in construction and fabrication activities including inspection and mechanical completion (MC).
• Experience with all structural procedures in oil & gas, including gas gathering projects.
• Experience in Wellhead Platform fabrication and construction works.
• Strong working knowledge of fabrication contracts, contractor inspection procedures and construction work sequences for plants and pipelines including equipment.
• Working knowledge of codes & standards such as ASME, DOT, API, OSHA, and AWS inspection procedures.
• Good knowledge of O&G industry standards and good & safe practices in relation to his discipline.
• Good knowledge of Romanian applicable legislation related to Mechanical & Piping fabrication, and erection works.
• Fluency in English (speaking and writing), good communication skills, and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Romanian speaking will be a plus.
• Proficient with computer (Excel, Word, Power Point) with experience in utilizing scheduling tools.
• Good understanding of all HSSE rules / regulations and of Risk assessment activities.
Terms and conditions:
• Freelancer/ contractor position
• Temporary position up to Feb 1st, 2021
• Location: Constanta-Agigea