Wellhead Platform Mechanical & Piping Supervisor
Join our team! Follow your own career path.
We are looking for an experienced Wellhead Platform Mechanical & Piping Supervisor with an excellent project management and technical understanding to provide support to our project Midia Gas Development (MGD).
• To supervise construction up to pre-commissioning and provide assistance/support to commissioning/start-up personnel.
• To ensure that the quality of the Mechanical & Piping work performed on site by the contractor and sub-contractors complies with contract requirements.
• To assist the Mechanical & Piping Engineering team in controlling the detailed engineering performed by the EPC contractor with regard to field instrumentation.
• To provide expertise assistance, in his discipline, to construction supervisors.
• To ensure deliver of work scope as defined within the construction work packs against agreed milestones and construction delivery targets.
• To ensure that, for his discipline, the quality assurance record books are properly documented and maintained by the contractor.
• To report on the work – in Mechanical & Piping discipline – performed by the contractor and on any problems encountered to the Offshore Construction Manager.
• To ensure Daily Work Activities are recorded and relevant permits are in place.
• To liaise closely with other Supervisors and Coordinators with regard to ongoing and planned work activities.
• To liaise closely with Inspectors (Welding, NDT, Painting, QA/QC) to assure the quality for the overall mechanical and piping systems.
• To liaise closely with onshore Supervisors, related to his discipline, to ensure proper project integration.
• To assess possible deviations requested by the contractor from quality control procedures or requirements and make recommendation to the Offshore Construction Manager, to propose remedial actions.
• To supervise construction and installation follow-up:
o to provide expertise and assistance to the area managers on Mechanical & Piping discipline;
o to implement technical decisions taken during project execution, liaising if necessary with project experts;
o to assess the acceptability of any deviation/relaxation requested on site by contractors and provide any clarification necessary;
o to organise technical discipline meetings with the contractor and specialists as and when required.
o to ensure that materials, plant and equipment are available and mobilised in line with the construction work packs;
o to ensure that all risks are well anticipated and reduced as much as possible by the contractor.
• To endorse the EPCIC Contractor construction deliverables and to give timely comments on and/or approval of, in accordance with contract procedures and requirements.
• To contribute to smooth pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up before handover to the Operations team.
• To attend, if required, to project technical reviews and contribute on mechanical and piping related matters during the construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning phases.
• To contribute to the advancement of working methods and tools within his speciality in ongoing company projects.
Education and Qualification:
• Graduate engineer with at least 10 years’ experience with large onshore and offshore oil and gas projects.
• At least 5 years’ experience as Mechanical & Piping Inspector / Supervisor on fabrication sites/ yards, for large onshore and offshore projects.
• Good knowledge of O&G industry standards and good & safe practices in relation to his discipline.
• Good knowledge of Romanian applicable legislation related to Mechanical & Piping fabrication, and erection works.
• Fluency in English (speaking and writing), good communication skills, and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems;
• Project management and supervision skills;
• Romanian speaking will be a plus.
Terms and conditions:
• Freelancer/ contractor position.
• Duration: Determined up to Feb 1st 2021
• Location: Agigea/Constanta – Romania