Wellhead Platform Project Engineer
Join our team! Follow your own career path.
We are looking for an experienced Wellhead Platform Project Engineer with an excellent project management and technical understanding to provide support to our project Midia Gas Development (MGD).
• Monitoring and reporting the related engineering activities for Wellhead Platform Package.
• Ensure compliance of engineering studies with Company requirements and general specifications and with Project specifications, procedures, exceptions/deviations, punch lists.
• Ensure compliance of the assigned work with applicable codes, standards and best engineering practices, with the aim of reducing investments as much as possible without negatively affecting the required levels of quality and safety in design.
• Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering activities related to Wellhead Platform Package and associated equipment / sub-packages (Construction and Fabrication engineering, Procurement engineering, Installation Engineering, etc,);
• Maintains project schedule and budget by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems, recommending actions;
• Monitor compliance to applicable codes, standards, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications;
• Interact daily with the relevant Contractors to interpret their needs and requirements and follow-up on resolutions;
• Verify / review, for Wellhead Platform Package and associated equipment / sub-packages, the engineering documents submitted by the relevant Contractors for comments / approval and to ensure compliance with all technical requirements;
• Initiate and follow-up appropriate corrective actions;
• Anticipate problems in his field of activity and propose solution(s) or optimisation(s) to the Wellhead Platform Package Manager;
• Liaise with other disciplines and other Project Packages teams to ensure consistency of the works;
• Prepares assigned engineering activities status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending mitigations and actions;
• Participate in HAZOP, HAZID, 3D Models and other relevant reviews;
• Develop and or supporting development of Company procedures and manuals;
• Visit to relevant construction and fabrication site to follow-up on engineering implementation and support in site queries;
Education and Qualification:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with at least 10 years’ experience with large onshore and offshore oil and gas projects;
• At least 8 years’ experience in oil and gas engineering activities with experience in coordination of assigned activities and duties;
• Proven working experience as a Project Engineer;
• Good level of understanding of all disciplines involved;
• Good knowledge of O&G industry standards and good & safe practices in relation to his work;
• Knowledge of Romanian applicable legislation related to the work will be a plus;
• Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems;
• Project management and supervision skills;
• Decision making ability and leadership skills;
• Fluency in English (speaking and writing), good communication skills, and ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Proficient with computer (Excel, Word, Power Point);
Terms and conditions:
• Freelancer/ contractor position
• Duration: Determined up to Feb 1st, 2021
• Location: London (approx. 3 months) + Agigea/Constanta – Romania 19 months
• Start-up date: 2019 April 01th