Our mission is to develop our existing gas discoveries in the Black Sea, expand our presence and become a leading player in the Romanian oil and gas sector. BSOG also has a mandate to become a significant independent development and production company in the region.
We believe we are well positioned to achieving these objectives because:
- Health, Safety, Environment and Quality are core to our company. We perform our operations in compliance with national and international regulations and best practices in the offshore oil & gas sector.
- Our activity is aimed at offering the best possible value for our shareholders, while providing a basis for community benefits and maximizing the opportunities that communities can harness.
- We benefit of solid financial backing from supportive and strong financial shareholders such as The Carlyle Group and the EBRD.
- We have put in place a fit-for-purpose workforce and experienced management team. Accountability, perseverance and a pioneering spirit are the main characteristics that define our company.
- We are soon to inaugurate the 1st new offshore gas development project in the Romanian Black Sea after 1989. We will have the ability to tie back even more discoveries once infrastructure has been built.
- Our ongoing work in Romania is extremely important to the country in terms of developing an industry which could provide, according to a Deloitte study*, over $70Billion to the economy, over 30,000 jobs and over $26 Billion to the state in terms of taxes and royalties.
Additionally, the growth of this industry has the potential to make Constanta the Aberdeen of the Black Sea. This industry is also important for the region as the country holds a strategic geopolitical location in terms of access to markets and its ability to provide energy security.