Join our team! Follow your own career path.
We are looking for an experienced Drilling Supervisor with an excellent project management and technical understanding to provide support to our project Midia Gas Development (MGD).
The Offshore Drilling Supervisor will lead the operations on the rig, to deliver the 5 Midia Gas Development wells safely, on schedule and within budget. Operations will be carried out with no environmental incident, no LTI in operations, and high Drilling performance.
- Make sure that operations are managed safely as per international standards, and best practices, in respect of the local environment.
- Supervise the onsite Completion & Well Testing supervisors ensuring that well control aspects are understood.
- Make sure that HSE is taken into account as a priority in all our operations with the support of the HSE department.
- Make sure that the Well Site Supervisors follow the approved Work Program, and then any deviation to that Program, or to the Policy, is approved before implementation.
- Deliver consistent and effective HSE communications and behaviours.
- To work offshore as Drilling Supervisor, to support the Midia Gas Development drilling campaign, of five jack-up offshore wells and potentially one exploration well.
- Work on the well preparation, equipment mobilization and inspection, site preparation, sub-contractor equipment and personnel mobilization.
- The DSV is the contact point on the rig for all contractors, equipment, and personnel, mobilization, and demobilization.
- The DSV will be responsible to review and agree the bridging document for the rig, the oil spill contingency plan & the waste management plan with the help of the HSE Manager.
- He will follow the HSE aspects of the drilling operation, propose improvement and modifications, will do regular safety visits and inspections, or audits (compliance to BSOG Policy and Procedures).
- Organize and participate in Risk Assessment meetings, DWOP, CWOP, Pre-spud meeting, and post drilling meetings.
- Whenever necessary, prepare step by step, detailed drilling instructions and issue to the tool pusher for execution on the rig, using the procedure in the Drilling Programme, as a starting point.
- Work in coordination with the services contractors
- Be present on the rig floor during critical operations
- Prepare a 2 week look ahead with operations and resources required.
- Understand and work within the limitations of a 40-year-old jack-up. Minimize the stress on equipment.
- Prepare Daily Drilling Report.
- Identify and implement any performance improvement measures to improve operational efficiency.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 15 to 20 years of Petroleum industry experience (With a minimum of 10 years in Drilling).
- A minimum of 5 years of offshore experience as Drilling Supervisor.
- Experience of offshore drilling, with jack-ups
- Knowledge of Gravel Packs would be useful.
- Subsea experience would be useful
- Good knowledge of industry best practices associated with Drilling, Completion & Well Testing operations.
- Offshore Medical & BOSIET mandatory
- Competent with well control techniques. IWCF Level 4 Supervisor certificate mandatory).
- Experience in managing HSE risks inherent in well operations. Record of delivering consistent and effective HSE results and behaviours.
- Familiar with API & other recognized industry standards & recommended practices.
- Understanding of Geological and Petroleum Engineering priorities and well associated requirements.
- Well budgets and cost allocation and monitoring.
- Good MSOffice software skills.
- Excellent communication skills and Team player
- Hands on and solutions oriented.
- Working closely in small collaborative teams both internally and with the Drilling Services companies personnel etc
- Open minded with ability to deal effectively with different cultures and languages,
Terms and conditions:
- Duration: An initial duration of 7 months
- Location: Offshore
- Mobilization: 8 December 2021
If interested and qualified, please upload your CV in the form below by November 30th, 2021.