Join our team! Follow your own career path.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Supervisor with an excellent project management and technical understanding to provide support initially to our Project Midia Gas Development (MGD) and continue during Operational phase.
- Provide Operations support and Installation specific advice to the Construction & Commissioning, Reservoir Engineering and Drilling/Well Ops departments during the project execution and start-up phase
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory, statutory and company requirements
- Assist the Commissioning Team during critical activities including plant start-up, shutdown and emergencies
- Prepare functional procedures and documentation for technical detail on mechanical area
- Liaise with vendor during site visits to ensure safe start-up of offshore and onshore facilities.
- Assist in coordinating response to emergencies if required.
- Work with specialist personnel/vendors to provide a planned, documented and managed engineering approach to the start-up, commissioning and handover of facilities, systems, and equipment to the BSOG Operations, resulting in a safe and functional environment that meets established design requirements and expectations.
- Review work procedures, mobilization to offshore, completion of the work, achievement of mechanical completion, commissioning and ready for start-up in accordance with the approved design, procedures, in a safe manner, within schedule and in accordance with the applicable technical specifications.
- Participate in the Mechanical testing & pre-commissioning work at onshore/offshore sites in the form of walk downs and functional verification agreeing punch list items and categorization.
- Ability to understand/project procedures and drawings in particular extensive understanding of P&ID’s / SLD’s / D&ID’s / C&E’s.
- Experience with gas generator driven Turbo Compressors, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, valve and pipework integrity testing, Diesel firewater pumps, pulsation dampers, HPU’s, rotating equipment alignment and HVAC.
- Ensure the Red Line Mark-up are done on relevant drawings and documents handed over from Construction and that drawings are marked up and signed for commissioning.
- Assist in managing the interfaces between onshore and offshore activities
- Interface, coordinate with and oversee the work by Contractor and equipment vendor’s personnel to ensure the hook-up, testing & commissioning work packs, test packs, procedures and completion certificates are reviewed and endorsed by the relevant parties.
- Contribute on production shutdown planning, preparation of integrated shutdown plan, work activities interfaces during shutdown, etc.
- Monitor the provision of vendors’ construction, completion, commissioning, and start-up documents. Review the same documents as required.
- Witness where necessary critical activities such as construction, testing, completion and commissioning of the works
- Review adequacy and accuracy of punch lists. Monitor final completion of the work.
- Promote Near Miss and Unsafe Acts Identification Program (STOP).
- Provide support to complete updates of all As Built Drawings and P&IDs to ensure that final revisions for the asset are up to date ready for start-up.
- Contributes to work acceptance and warranty procedure for services performed.
- Manage commissioning chemicals and consumables for the asset’s start-up
- Manage mechanical technicians by provided the guidelines, activity plans, trainings and ensure the implementation of all maintenance plans
- Contribute on preparing annual maintenance plan and budget and ensure the implementation as per plan
- Analyze and establish necessary materials, spare parts, tools and necessary devices for an efficient commissioning and start-up sequence.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory, statutory and company requirements.
- Maintain a safe and effective working environment.
- To Supervise preventive, breakdown and planned overhaul of assigned mechanical equipment.
- To participate in diagnosis and repair of major breakdown and to estimate time of repair and ensure timely return of repaired equipment.
- To supervise on site annual overhaul and to follow work schedule
- To check safety, work permit and preventive maintenance plan
- To plan, check specification and to ensure that maintenance works are carried out according to agreed, schedule, cost estimate and required quality
- To assist maintenance engineer in organizing spare-parts ordering plan and to check stock list.
- Suggest and carry out necessary modification in the plant to improve it performance
- To supervise lifting operation in job where assigned.
- Maintain and updates a log of maintenance work done.
Experience & Qualifications
- National Qualification in Oil &Gas and/or relevant experience in the field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in operations, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up of oil & gas processing and production facilities (Onshore/Offshore), preferably with International reputable Oil & Gas Operating Company
- Marine Chief Engineer or Marine 2nd Engineers with minimum of 5 years of experience in rank
- Excellent knowledge both nationally and internationally of onshore & offshore projects.
- Competent in Emergency Response Procedures and Instructions.
- Competent at carrying out complex risk assessment and analysis.
- Knowledge of gas treatment plant processes to adequately optimize the Computerizing Maintenance Management System
- Previous experience in the Safe Isolation and Re-Instatement of Plant process.
- Experience in control of work regarding Greenfield construction and commissioning sites.
- Experience of liaising with IVB for commissioning verification of safety critical elements.
- Excellent supervisory, inter-personal relations and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, autonomously on task, able to undertake problems solving
- Fluent in English both written and verbal.
- Good IT Skills.
Qualifications/Training – Essential
- National qualification in Mechanical Engineering discipline, or equivalent suitable experience demonstrated.
- International experience of similar projects and roles.
Qualifications/Training – Desirable
- Valid BOSIET certificate
- Valid Medical certificate for offshore travel
- Experience of boat transfers between offshore vessels and installations.
Terms and conditions
- Permanent role
- Location: Agigea/Vadu/Constanta – Romania
If interested and qualified, please upload your CV in the form below by July 24th, 2021.