Join our team! Follow your own career path.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Officer with an excellent commercial and technical understanding of all disciplines to provide support to our project Midia Gas Development (MGD).
The Procurement Officer shall closely follow-up on the procurement of the company items (major equipment) by liaising with the EPCIC Contractor and Suppliers and coordinate the expediting of two of the company items.
• Ensure accurate and timely expediting of purchase and/ or service orders, updating the expediting reports and distributing the reports to the Project Team and Management Team;
• Review purchase and/ or service orders’ delivery requirements to ensure that quality and project requirements are being met;
• Develop expediting strategies which include specific project expediting plans;
• Lead the tendering effort for awarding transportation of two company items from Supplier’s location to the project designated location;
• Liaise with representatives of the EPCIC Contractor and Suppliers throughout the full procurement cycle of the company items;
• Follow-up on the expediting of the transferred items to make sure these are arriving without delays to meet the project construction schedule;
• Liaise with various third parties which are supporting the expediting effort (i.e. custom agency, other specialized contractors, etc);
• Identify and resolve any issues that may affect the suppliers’ ability to meet their contractual delivery;
• Review the relevant technique(s) for the testing method to be used and location (in situ, factory).
• Reviewing current materials and equipment and/ or services required;
• Sourcing suppliers for the materials and equipment and/ or services required;
• Review the material requisition for accuracy of information including complete description of items, delivery lead time and proper required on site date;
• Prepare and ensure timely issue of RFQs (Request for quotation);
• Ensure engineering technical queries are issued to vendors and replies are received in a timely manner and provided back to project team;
• Ensure commercial information is kept confidential and not released outside of company management and contracting group;
• Prepare accurate Commercial Bid Evaluations (CBE);
• Review Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) and CBE to prepare Recommendation to Award (RTA) for internal approval;
• Create the Purchase/ Service Order (PO) with all supporting documentation.
• Review engineering, procurement and construction contracts;
• Prepare Invitation to Tender package (ITT) for engineering services, surveys, procurement and construction works (Instructions to Tenderers, Proposed Contract, Annexes and Appendixes);
• Prepare extension/ addendums for existing contracts;
• Request (budgetary) quotations for engineering services, materials, equipment and construction works. Prepare comparison summary, conclusion and recommendation.
• Support the administration of the executed contracts.
Education and Qualification:
• Previous experience (>7 years) in procurement (preferably expeditor) for major Oil & Gas projects (or industrial/ complex projects);
• Technical background preferred;
• Very good English language skills (speaking and writing);
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
• Ability to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions
• Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Goal-oriented and organized team player
Terms and conditions:
• Freelancer/contractor position
• Duration: Determined up to Feb 1st, 2021
• Location: Constanta; Bucharest occasionally based on job needs
• Start-up date: 2019 April 15th